Installing python3 in windows
5 min read
This article is especially for the students to install python3 on their windows machine.
In this article I have given the process to install version 3.6.5, the process is applicable for installing any version of python
Step 1: Click on the link to go to downloads page.
- To open the link in a new tab, place the pointer on the word “link” and press right in your mouse, some options will appear like the below one
- Now press open link new tab and the downloads page will to opened seperately
Step 2: After opening the link, Press “ctrl+F” in your keypad.
- A Search box will appear in the browser
Step 3: In the search box type in “3.6.5” and you will get a result like this
Step 4: Before downloading python, you must check whether your system is 32bit or 64 bit. To find it out follow the steps below:
- Press WindowsKey + R
- A dialogue box appears, type in “cmd”
- CMD window appears
- Type “wmic os get osarchitecture” and check whether it gives the output as 32 bit/64 bit
Step 5: If it gives the output as 32 bit, click “Windows x86 executable installer”
- If it gives the output as 64 bit, click “Windows x86–64 executable installer”
- The download will start
Now python 3.6.5 is successfully installed in your system
- Setup Process
Click on the “python-3.6.5.exe”, a setup box will appear, Click on “Install Now”(also note down the path, where it will be saved”, also check that both the check boxes are ticked)
In this image below “C:\Users\………..” is the path where python is installed
- The setup is done successfully
Running the Idle
- Now when you press the “windows key” , and search for idle
- You can find python idle.
- Click on the idle
- And the output will be similar to image below
Write your first python Code
- After the idle is opened, type in the following code
print (“Hello world”)
- And press Enter
The output will be like this:
Instead of Hello world your can type in any Name
This process is applicable for all the versions of python, Instead of typing 3.6.5 you can type the exact version you want. also 3.9 will not work on windows 7 or earlier version.
If you dont know which version to install refer your Computer Science Book
Versions for Cbse
Class 11: 3.6.5
Class 12: 3.9
Note: If you cant install 3.9 you can use 3.8 and other versions
Versions for Stateboard(Tamilnadu)
Class 12: 3.7.2
Iam Ashwin.B a student of class 12, with great interest in computer science and python.